I'd like to focus on just two or three areas and make significant progress on those areas. If possible we should schedule a meeting with some NZ/AU users.
Prerequisites before the meetup include:
- Get CiviCRM to work with Drupal 6 and Joomla 1.5. This ensure that our menu / invoke system are now db driven
- Upgrade Dojo to 1.1
Here is my current list. Please add to the list and then we can pick two or three
Automated Testing (Both Unit and Browser)
- We need a better more complete test suite to enable quality releases. Currently there are a few too many variables and bugs reintroduced on every release.
- Implement hierselect widget across codebase
- Implement selective loading / unloading of sub-forms as select values change (event, relationship for custom data fields etc)
- Better text editor across CiviCRM
- Get tooltip working
- Usability changes from zoey
- Split the code so we use temp tables as needed
- Consider caching results from smart groups
- Define an interface so other modules can add / modify search criteria / constraints
- Ensure that we can add components without ANY changes to core. Kabissa / HRD might make a good simple test case. Our new custom data structure might give allow us to skip creating new tables for a component in some cases (like Kabissa)