Facebook Integration for CiviCRM
Features / Functionality
These are some possible features to consider including in the prototype:
- Add "check for Facebook link" action (button?) to Contact Summary screen. This checks if the currently viewed contact is a "Friend" of the logged in user.
- Show a Facebook "tab" on Contact Summary screen if the contact being viewed IS a friend
- Retrieve a few elements from the friends FB profile and display on the Facebook tab:
- current status
- shared Network (friends that logged in user has in common with currently viewed contact/fb friend)
- Trigger one or more Facebook Actions from within CiviCRM (probably from the contact's FB tab):
- Send Gift, Poke, Write on Wall, Message, View Full Profile
- Retrieve and display a list of all contacts in CiviCRM who are currently linked to the logged in user as a Facebook friend
- Search Facebook for friends of the currently logged in user who are in the CiviCRM DB but are NOT already linked as friends in CiviCRM
- Get Facebook account(s) and install the Facebook Developer App
- Review the platform doc - especially API usage
- Identify the data elements needed at the contact/user level so that the CiviCRM/FB component can access that contact's FB friends data
- Prototype one or more of the features above
Steps for Facebook integration
At CodeCampMumbai were able to do integrate Facebook with CiviCRM. If anyone is interested in taking this feature further do check, http://svn.civicrm.org/civicrm/branches/codecamp/
Steps for initial setup:
1. Create an application in your Facebook account. Once do this you will get Key and Secret, which you add this in CiviCRM.
2. Goto www.facebook.com/code_gen.php?api_key=APIKEY. Then generate token which you can copy/paste in CiviCRM Contact add/edit form.
3. Every facebook user will have to copy/paste this generated token in CiviCRM.
4. Now you will have Facebook Tab in Contact Summary. This will display users Facebook profile. Also in Contact Dashboard you can see Facebook friends who are already in CiviCRM db.