Planning and implementation case studies from a few folks who are using CiviCRM to help organizations and communities engage more effectively with their constituents.
Please create new case studies here using the Add Page link above. If you don't see this link, you will need to log-in or sign-up for a user account using the links in top right corner of this page. Or post to the CiviCRM Showcase forum . We'll periodically copy the forum posts here.
Sites using CiviCRM, with some implementation information
- British and Irish Graduates in America. Discusses their use of CiviMail to monitor their mailings and their use of custom profiles.
- Build It Green. Website redesign, membership and event management with CiviCRM 1.8 and Drupal 5.2
- Center for Patient Partnerships. CiviCase implementation.
- Christian Community. Experience, future plans, and wish list for Christian Community based out of Brazil.
- CiviCRM in Japanese . "I just wrapped up a complete mega hack of CiviCRM to have it work properly in Japanese for an internal Japanese Government Agency and pulled the backend to the front under a Joomla install."
- Community Partners, helps people in Massachusetts get health care coverage. Describes their primary needs and key considerations. A new project offers a CiviCRM profile search and accompanying Google Map of places where people can apply for the new health care coverage in Western MA. — see the forum post .
- Conservation Fund. CiviCRM Critical to Online Donations. Seven program sites, ten CiviCRM contribution types/pages. Donations processed through a custom built payment processor which uses PayJunction (contributed back to the CiviCRM project). Uses Drupal's Ecommerce.
- ecoSpark. A back-office implementation including information architecture and data migration.
- Europe China Academic Network, enables and encourages intellectual exchange and dialogue fostering closer cooperation between European research institutions within the field of Contemporary China Studies. Describes their objectives and implementation.
- Fair Vote Canada. Uses CiviCRM as primary CRM. Migration challenge from Excel spreadsheets of a mature organization.
- Foundation for Prader-Willi Research. Initial use was to manage donors via CiviContribute and PayPal Website Payments Pro. Now also uses CiviMember, CiviEvent. and CiviMail.
- Front Line. Front Line uses CiviCRM for an internal database, on a secure setup, to keep track of human rights violation cases and appropriate actions taken by Front Line, as well as for organising events. Front Line sponsored development of the initial implementations of Case Management and Grants functionality which has been made available to the community as part of CiviCRM 2.0.
- Kabissa - Space for Change in Africa. We worked with the CiviCRM team to create customized forms and views to tailor civicrm to create a social networking site for African organizations.
- Large Canadian Political Database implementation. Includes Roles and Permission, Import, and Search.
- Missing Person Form. Describes their use of custom data and profiles.
- Nonprofit Association of Oregon - an example of robust form customization, extensive events and membership usage, as well as CiviCRM Membership > Drupal Roles sync module.
- QuestBridge, provides a bridge to higher education for highly motivated and talented low-income youth. QuestBridge needed custom data on their application form, customizable data views, search capabilities, and export functions.
- Redwood Technology Consortium has used Drupal for several years and recently integrated CiviCRM to handle membership and display membership listings. Getting old member records to work with CiviCRM was challenging.
- RNAO is a professional association of nurses that has successfully piloted CiviCRM on a complex AGM Event and is now launched on a program of replacing their legacy AmSoft installation with CiviMember and assorted other CiviCRM functionality.
- Sangonet Prodder South African NGO Directory "... we are slowly porting all of our sites to Drupal from Joomla. Most of the new Prodder features that we are working on at the moment will be around civi/drupal integration using civinode and organic group integration." Extensive information is provided in the CiviCRM Showcase forum .
- Society of American Law Teachers. CiviCRM 1.7 and Drupal 5. Membership management.
- Upstream Public Health A Drupal 6 and CiviCRM 3 installation using Profiles to manage online mailing lists and signup forms. Also illustrates use of Drupal Views and Skinr blocks.
- Vermont Progressive Party is using CiviCRM for voter tracking in a state with a half million voters. They regularly receive a voters file from the government and import it.
- YWCA of the Greater Triangle: CiviCRM 3.0.3 and Drupal 6.14. Client and case management.
Sites using CiviCRM
- ABWA Humble Artesian, a chapter of, American Business Women's Association. Concise statement of goals, platform, features used, and issues.
- American Academy of Developmental Medicine and Dentistry. Drupal 6 website using CiviContribute and CiviMember to manage annual professional memberships. Also use CiviMail to send various mailing lists.
- Atlanta Audubon Society. Primary use is for membership management using volunteers.
- Bioneers uses CiviCRM to used to manage their 70k contacts, accept donations, manage 2100 memberships, and integrate with their custom conference registration application.
- Dayton Visual Arts. Using CiviMember to manage memberships.
- Fiber to the Home. Example of CiviMember as well as directory public Profiles.
- Health Care For All Colorado. Using CiviCRM and CiviMail to manage their contact list.
- Integrative Restoration Institute Example of CiviEvent, Drupal Views Calendar integration, CiviContribute donation pages, CiviMail usage, and CiviMember/Drupal Roles sync.
- Linux Foundation uses CiviCRM for managing individual memberships and event registration.
- Maine State Society for the Protection of Animals. They needed a web presence to grow their membership and make it easier for the organization to promote itself. At this time, their current membership will not be migrated to CiviCRM, but CivCRM was chosen to allow this growth.
- National Association for the Visual Arts, Australia. Tracks members, associations and other people who have dealings with NAVA. Is a custom system which uses the Drupal E-Commerce system.
- National Society of Consulting Soil Scientists. Tracks membership. Good sample of a directory implementation.
- San Diego Community Technology Coalition. Plans to build an online community of community technologists in San Diego. The site is not active.
- St. Stanislaus Ex-students Association, an Alumni Association. Site set up by Webaccess . Using CiviMember.
- Studentenstiftung Dresden - Germany. Using CiviCRM to manage fundraising activities.
- TechSoup. TechSoup Global's partner NGO technology donation sites around the world all use CiviCRM.
- Tik vzw in Belgium, a usergroup for customers of Belgian Internet providers. "CiviCRM is the perfect solution for the integration of our member database." Also using CiviMail.
- Tryon Life Community Farm. Volunteer coordination and donor relationships.
- University of Michigan Museum of Art. Receives donor information from the Central Development Office. Using information management functions.
- Voscur - a Council for Voluntary Service (CVS) using CiviCRM since 2007 to manage Directories of organisations, mass mailings and events.
- Wikimedia Foundation Fundraising. Managing over $857,000 of contributions and powering a real-time donor recognition page. Using i18n for internationalization.