- Hebrew Calendar https://civicrm.org/extensions/hebrew-calendar - Handles yahrzeits, Hebrew birthdays, bar/bat mitzvah dates, yahrzeit letters, yahrzeit reminders, and much more.
- CiviVolunteer https://civicrm.org/extensions/civivolunteer - Handles any almost any method of dealing with volunteers or shift-based assignments. Can be used for event volunteers, organizing meal deliveries, life cycle tasks, high holiday volunteers, aliyot, shomrim shifts, tutoring signups, and more. You can allow people to select the time/shift that works for them, or a person can be assigned to a shift, or a combination.
- CiviBooking https://civicrm.org/extensions/civibooking - Handles reserving high holiday seats, booking the social hall, reserving the mikvah, and similar. This can handle free reservations, paid bookings, deposits, and much more. (For simply tracking high holiday seating, a priceset field can be used)
- Event Helper https://civicrm.org/extensions/event-helper - Provides custom searches for paid events and for events using pricesets.
- Fancy Tokens https://civicrm.org/extensions/fancy-tokens
- Content Tokens https://civicrm.org/extensions/content-tokens
- Family-Friendly https://civicrm.org/extensions/family-friendly
- Outbound email infrastructure(end users use CiviMail and CiviCRM email tools as usual):
- SparkPost https://civicrm.org/extensions/sparkpost-email-extension-for-civicrm
- SendGrid http://sendgrid.com (No extension needed, its a SMTP service provider)
- Prevent users from overwriting their record https://civicrm.org/extensions/no-overwrite
- Allow people to donate/pay an extra percent on any paid event or contribution page ( such as 3% to help defray credit card fees) https://civicrm.org/extensions/percentage-price-field
- Aggregate contributions by household https://civicrm.org/extensions/aggregate-household-contributions-report
- Financial summaries and tokens https://civicrm.org/extensions/financial-summaries
Calendar module - Hebrew Calendar for Drupal7 Displays Hebrew dates, holidays, and more on a Drupal calendar. (This is the standard way calendars are created with Drupal Views) This module is a fork of the popular "calendar" module for Drupal.
- Typical registrations/forms - Use the native CiviCRM profiles within event registrations, within contribution pages, or as a stand-alone profile forms. Main limitation with native profiles is that all data collected ends up on the contact record, and the participant record. There is no option to create CRM relationships, or other more complex requirements.
- Youth/family/complex registrations/forms - Get children registered for school, camp, field trips, let a potential member join your organization by filling out a single form for their entire family, etc. Completely replaces products like WuFoo forms, RegPack, GoogleForms, and other form builders that end up generating a lot of manual labor because the data collected is not integrated into your main systems. With CiviCRM and webforms, all the data collected ends up automatically in the proper place in your back-office.
- Drupal7 people: follow the recipe at: https://civicrm.org/blog/sarahgladstone/recipe-for-handling-youth-registration-with-civicrm
- WordPress people may want to look at the following WordPress plugins
- "GravityForms" plus https://shop.civivip.com/civi-plugins/gravity-forms-integration/
- "ContactForm7" plus https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7-civicrm-integration/
- Joomla people: Is anyone still using Joomla? Switch to Drupal7 or WordPress already.
- Sending SMS/Text messages: Setting up a SMS Provider for CiviSMS - Perfect for communicating with your on-the-go members, parents, event participants, and anyone else. While this requires an account with an SMS service provider, some providers do NOT charge any monthly fees. So you can set it up now to have in place for emergencies.
- Approaches for integrating CiviCRM and your General Ledger: Approaches for CiviCRM and General Ledger Integration
Using CiviCRM as an accounts receivable system: Using CiviCRM as an Accounts Receivable System