The Batch Update via Profile functionality allows you to perform bulk updates on contacts in certain situations.
Batch Update Example: Creating the Profile
Let's say you want to bulk update all of your participants associated with a recent event. Let's say you want to quickly change everyone's status from 'Registered' to either 'Attended' or 'No-Show' or 'Cancelled'. All you need to do is create a profile that will give you this functionality.
Go to Administer CiviCRM > CiviCRM Profile and click the 'New CiviCRM Profile' button.
- Name your profile something like 'Update Event Participant Status' so it's easy to find.
- Check off 'Profile' in the 'Used for' section.
- Save the profile. This will bring you to a page where you can add fields to your new profile.
- Under 'Field Name', choose 'Participants'.
- In the next drop-down menu that appears after we select Participants, we will choose 'Participant Status'.
Batch Update Example: Applying the Profile
To apply this profile, go to 'CiviEvent' and 'Find Participants' (/civicrm/event/search?reset=1). Search for a particular event under 'Event Name'. Check off any or all participants and choose 'Batch Update Participants via Profile'.
And that's it! You can use this functionality for other areas like CiviMember, CiviContribute, etc. You just need to create an appropriate profile and the apply it from the Batch Update via Profile option.