This area is meant to assist any Jewish organization in taking full advantage of CiviCRM, the CiviCRM ecosystem, and to share/discuss best practices. Login to post comments or update this area.
Audience for this document:
Most of the information below is intended for a power user of CiviCRM, or somewhat geeky person, or a person who likes to learn and get their hands messy. If you do not have the time or expertise to tackle this cookbook, then get CiviCRM as a turn-key solution, and/or hire a CiviCRM professional. Note: Just because someone can download CiviCRM and load it into Drupal or WordPress, does NOT mean they are a CiviCRM professional or expert. If you plan to hire a turn-key service or professional, always get references from clients who they have helped with CiviCRM that are similar to your organization.
Get this as a turn-key hosted service:
Turn-key providers are listed at: https://civicrm.org/hosting-providers (Most of these providers also offer training and professional services)
Hire a cook:
CiviCRM professionals are listed at: https://civicrm.org/partners-contributors
- Hebrew Calendar https://civicrm.org/extensions/hebrew-calendar - Handles yahrzeits, Hebrew birthdays, bar/bat mitzvah dates, yahrzeit letters, yahrzeit reminders, and much more.
- CiviVolunteer https://civicrm.org/extensions/civivolunteer - Handles any almost any method of dealing with volunteers or shift-based assignments. Can be used for event volunteers, organizing meal deliveries, life cycle tasks, high holiday volunteers, aliyot, shomrim shifts, tutoring signups, and more. You can allow people to select the time/shift that works for them, or a person can be assigned to a shift, or a combination.
- CiviBooking https://civicrm.org/extensions/civibooking - Handles reserving high holiday seats, booking the social hall, reserving the mikvah, and similar. This can handle free reservations, paid bookings, deposits, and much more. (For simply tracking high holiday seating, a priceset field can be used)
- Event Helper https://civicrm.org/extensions/event-helper - Provides custom searches for paid events and for events using pricesets.
- Fancy Tokens https://civicrm.org/extensions/fancy-tokens
- Content Tokens https://civicrm.org/extensions/content-tokens
- Family-Friendly https://civicrm.org/extensions/family-friendly
- Outbound email infrastructure(end users use CiviMail and CiviCRM email tools as usual):
- Prevent users from overwriting their record https://civicrm.org/extensions/no-overwrite
- Allow people to donate/pay an extra percent on any paid event or contribution page ( such as 3% to help defray credit card fees) https://civicrm.org/extensions/percentage-price-field
- Aggregate contributions by household https://civicrm.org/extensions/aggregate-household-contributions-report
- Financial summaries and tokens https://civicrm.org/extensions/financial-summaries
Suggested Content Management System Modules/Plugins
Calendar module - Hebrew Calendar for Drupal7 Displays Hebrew dates, holidays, and more on a Drupal calendar. (This is the standard way calendars are created with Drupal Views) This module is a fork of the popular "calendar" module for Drupal.
- Connect CiviCRM to Zapier. This allows you to click-together CiviCRM with any of 500 other applications/systems.
- Can someone write up/blog about their exact steps for GravityForms or ContactForm7 and WordPress + CiviCRM?