[No Subject]

Objet:   [No Subject] (trouver plus)
Date:   Dec 09, 2005 09:03

Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 09:03:21 +0100
From: Michal Mach <caché>
Sender: caché
To: CiviCRM:
  General discussion around development <caché>
Subject: Re: [Crm-dev] multilingual crm install

Hey Joe,

>Mike Gifford at OpenConcept and I are working on bilingual French / English
>sites for a couple of clients, and I expect we'll have more before too long.
>Thanks in part to some encouragement from CivicSpaceLabs I believe i18n
>support in Drupal is in the midst of getting a significant upgrade if I'm
>not mistaken.

Interesting - can't wait to see what's cooking! Gerhard, you know any
sources of information that I could refer to?

>I am interested in working on a proper implementation of i18n for CiviCRM

The above tickles my ambition a little bit. :-) Personally, I think i18n
support implementation for CiviCRM is proper, it just lacks some
features that are required in your deployment. ;-)

> as
>we are moving from a requirements gathering contract to an implementation
>contract on this.

Greatly interested to see the outcome from requirements gathering stage,
this can  help us in moving this area forward. I had some ideas for
extended i18n support that we discussed internally, but we decided to
postpone them until we get specific requirements from the community and
focus on CiviContribute goals instead.

Thanks,
Michal

>Joe Murray, PhD
>President, JMA Consulting
>57 Grandview Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada  M4K 1J1
>416.466.1281, 416.466.1277 (f)
>caché
>Skype: josephpmurray

Creative Commons License
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States Licence.