[No Subject]

Objet:   [No Subject] (trouver plus)
Date:   Dec 08, 2005 16:41

Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 07:41:28 -0800
From: Dave Greenberg <caché>
Sender: caché
To: Russell McOrmond <caché>
Subject: [Crm-dev] Re: [CS dev] Canadian postal code lookup..
Cc: CiviCRM Developer Community <caché>,
  caché

Hi Russell,
You may want to join the CiviCRM developer mailing list going forward
- as it is a good resource for sharing and getting feedback, etc. -
http://lists.objectledge.net/mailman/listinfo/crm-dev

Given that you want to persist EDID info for each contact - setting up
a custom field with Data type = Integer and HTML type = Select makes
sense. You will specifiy option labels (eg Ottawa South) and option
values (eg 35064) for each choice. The screens will behave as you
stated  - users will see a <select> element w/ options during add/edit
and the text label when viewing a record.

You can populate the EDID options using our
crm_create_option_value($params, $customField) API if you don't want
to deal w/ adding them in the UI. More info is here:
http://objectledge.org/confluence/display/CRM/Object+Properties+and+Custom+Data+API%27s

..dave

--
Best regards,
Dave Greenberg

Creative Commons License
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States Licence.