[No Subject]

Objet:   [No Subject] (trouver plus)
Date:   Dec 08, 2005 13:56

Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 13:56:38 +0100
From: Piotr Szotkowski <caché>
Sender: caché
To: caché
Subject: Re: [Crm-dev] Re: [CS dev] Illegal Mix of Collations

Hello.

Olivier Boulot:

> I spent some time a couple of days ago using TOAD/mysqladmin and
> creating scripts with alter database, alter table to no avail.

Er, right. I just checked in PHPMyAdmin, and changing the database's
collation is not enough. :o| On the other hand, if at install time
I create the database with proper collation, the tables inherit
the collation properly (as the Drupal SQL file does not specify
any collation explicitely, the tables inherit the database's
collation upon CREATE TABLE calls).

Sorry for the confusion. I'm not sure there's an easy way
(a simple SQL command not listing all of the tables by name)
to change the tables' collation once they're created. :o(

Cheers,
-- Shot
--
         The general rule about people on IRC seems to be 'Attractive,
         single, mentally stable: choose two.'           -- malaclypse

Creative Commons License
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States Licence.