[No Subject]

Objet:   [No Subject] (trouver plus)
Date:   Dec 08, 2005 08:47

Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 02:47:24 -0500
From: "vrao" <caché>
Sender: caché
To: "CiviCRM: General discussion around development" <caché>
Subject: Re: [Crm-dev] Non-US Geocoding + Import of Coordinates

Dave,

Thanks for the response. Looks like Im a little confused.

" Geocode (latitude and longitude) lookup - if you want latitude and
longitude values inserted in contact address records. If you are going to be
importing large sets of contact data, we do NOT recommend enabling the RPC
method for Geocode lookup - as this requires a call to the remote service
for each record being imported  Geocode (latitude and longitude) lookup - if
you want latitude and longitude values inserted in contact address records.
If you are going to be importing large sets of contact data, we do NOT
recommend enabling the RPC method for Geocode lookup - as this requires a
call to the remote service for each record being imported "

1 ) I assumed this meant I dont have to look up the co-ordinates myself (for
US addresses atleast), and the software would do that for me?

2) If I already have the co-ordinates, things work great..except that the
map isnt anywhere near as detailed as it is for US addresses. Is this anyway
related to 1) ?

Regards,