[No Subject]

Objet:   [No Subject] (trouver plus)
Date:   Dec 07, 2005 22:42

Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:42:13 -0800
From: Dave Greenberg <caché>
Sender: caché
To: "CiviCRM: General discussion around development" <caché>
Subject: Re: [Crm-dev] Non-US Geocoding + Import of Coordinates

V - sorry I didn't understand your earlier request about mapping a set
of contacts. Glad we got that taken care :-)  Other responses
inline...

On 12/7/05, vrao <caché> wrote:
> Thanks for the info Dave.
>
> I had two issues:
>
> 1) 'synchronize contacts' wont synchronize secondary or any additional
> address. it will only generate the co-ordinates for the main address

What functionality  are you referring to ('synchronize contacts'). Are
u referring to  the Administer CiviCRM -> Synchronize
Users-to-Contacts menu option? If so, this function simply
synchronizes and links Drupal users table records to CiviCRM contacts
- and carries over the Drupal email to the contact. It does not
attempt to migrate Drupal Profile or CivicSpace Contact Mgr data.

>  2) It appears that there is no easy way to map someones secondary (or any
> additional) address even if we manually enter the co-ordinates.
> Can you point me towards where I would need to hack to get this
> functionality? (which function). I am new to civicrm but not new to drupal.

Mapping for non-primary addresses is not currently availabe (it is on
our roadmap for a future release). Hacking this is non-trivial since
the mapping links pass only the contact_id into the function which
generates the call to Google. If you still want to hack this - suggest
working through the current code for this and then get back to us w/
specific questions.

dave...

--
Best regards,
Dave Greenberg

Creative Commons License
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States Licence.