[No Subject]

Objet:   [No Subject] (trouver plus)
Date:   Dec 07, 2005 20:43

Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 11:43:35 -0800
From: Dave Greenberg <caché>
Sender: caché
To: CiviCRM Developer Community <caché>,
  Civicspace <caché>
Subject: [Crm-dev] Re: [CS dev] Illegal Mix of Collations

Greg / Oliver...
We've investigated this collation problem a bit, and don't have a
universal fix yet - there are lots of variables including different
behaviors in different MySQL versions, default collation settings,
etc. However...some answers and potential work-arounds:

* Some versions of MySQL use latin-1-swedish as the default collation.
If Drupal tables are created in these versions - they will carry that
collation. What version of MySQL are u running?

* There is a case modify operation in the interface between Drupal and
CiviCRM and this is what causes the error if the collations are
different.

* I don't know of a batch way to change the collations of all tables
in a DB in phpMyAdmin - altho there may be one. Let us know if you
find out. Alternatively, you could create a script which retrieves all
the Drupal DB tables and then loops through them w/ the ALTER TABLE
command to modify the collations.

* If you aren't planning on using i18n features in CiviCRM - you can
install it with the MySQL 4.0 table create script (civicrm_40.mysql) .
This doesn't specify the utf-8 collation - so will use the default in
MySQL.

...dave

--
Best regards,
Dave Greenberg

Creative Commons License
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States Licence.