UNDERSTANDING THE MANAGE CASE SCREEN
You are logged in to CiviCase and are reviewing cases, or have just completed a new intake. You have arrived at the "Manage Case" Screen.
One of the key features of CiviCase is illustrated on this page: the pre-populated activities (for more about the specific pre-populated activities, see the Case Types document (to come)). During an intake, one of the required fields is Case Type. Once the case type has been chosen, a list of activities that are associated with case type is automatically populated, with a timeline. This is shown below in #9. We have tried to predict the appropriate activities for each case, but you might find an activity that is not needed, or you might need an activity that is not on the list. You may also find that the timeline is too short, or too long. All of these things can be edited to suit the particular case.
The Manage Case Screen
1. The name of the client is at the top of the screen.
2. You can click on the edit icon ( ) to change the Case Type. This will open a new activity called "Change Case Type."
3. You can click on the edit icon ( ) to change the Case Status. This will open a new activity called "Change Case Status."
4. You can create a New Activity from the dropdown menu. (Note: See 9, below, before you do so)
5. You can add a New Timeline from the dropdown menu. (Note: the only timeline available at the moment is the Standard Timeline, which is already shown.)
6. You can generate a Report from the dropdown menu (see Reporting (to come)).
7. The case roles are listed here, see Case Roles for more information.
8. Some of the relationships associated with the client are listed as client relationships. See Case Roles for more information about this.
9. This is the same activity table, with the same colour coding as on the Case Activities page.