Meet other CiviCRM users, implementors and developers at your local CiviCRM meet up. See below for a list of local CiviCRM meet ups happening near you. And if there is no meet up happening close by then go ahead and organise one
Your local meet up
Here's a list of local CiviCRM meet ups happening on January 29th 2014.
Sign up to your local CiviCRM meet up and contact the organisers if you want to help out or present
If you can't see a location near you below, then please organise a meetup.
|#||Location (City, State, Country)||Registration link||Contact details for organizers|
|2||Montreal, QC, Canada||https://email@example.com|
|11||Mexico City, Mexico||https://firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|14||San Francisco, CA||https://civicrm.org/civicrm/event/info?id=367|
|15||Sydney, Australia||http://www.meetup.com/SydneyCiviCRM/events/152771162/||Ryan Cross (contact)|
|20||Western Sydney (Parramatta), Australia||http://www.communitybuilders.com.au/contact-us/community-builders-australia.html||Andrew Perry|
|22||Apeldoorn, The Netherlandsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|26||Portland, Oregon||https://email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|27||New York, New York||https://firstname.lastname@example.org|
Spread the word
One nice side effect of having multiple meet ups at the same time is that in publcising one event, we can publicise them all. Check below for ideas on how to promote CiviDay - please also add any new ideas below so people can use the to promote their own meet ups
- tweet using #cividay
- contact your local non profit media (web, print, etc.) and let them know about CiviDay (standard press release would be good if anyone wants to write one)
- contact local non profit umbrella groups and see if they can mention CiviDay in their email newsletters or tweet about CiviDay
- hook up with local netsquared, NTEN, or similar non profit tech groups for cross promotion opportunities
- post a flier - PDF Format - Scribus Format - there's room at the bottom for you to add your group's place & time
- add more ideas here
Organise a meet up
If you've been thinking about starting a local meet / thinking that there really should be one in your city/area, then CiviDay is an ideal opportunity for you to start
- you'll likely get nice high turn out (since your meet up will benefit from the collective publicity of all the other meet ups
- we'll help you get started with tips and suggestions for the agenda
- you can pick the brains of other meet up organisers
If you've organised a meet up before, then you should feel free to go ahead and do what you did last time and to share your tips tips with others.
How to organise a CiviDay meet up?