3.0 Key Features List
Release 3.0 was previously referred to as 2.3
- Reporting framework plus ~20 out-of-the-box reports on Constituents, Contributions, Events, Membership and more. Component specification and report listing
- Overhaul of Contact Edit form layout (CRM-4602) and Contact Summary screen (CRM-4603) to make them less location-centric. Mockups: Contact Summary, Contact Editing. Suggestions from our users can be found here: http://forum.civicrm.org/index.php/topic,4862.0/topicseen.html
- CRM-4407 Menu redesign - horizontal menu allows one-click access to most screens. Menu can be customized for your site (menu items can be added, removed or re-positioned).
- CRM-4414 Ability to select contact from autocomplete list OR create a new contact when adding a contribution, pledge, participant, membership, case or grant.
- CRM-4507 Contact tabs include counts - number of contributions, events, etc. for that contact.
- CRM-3557 CRM-4567 Improve usability of "Send Mail to Contacts" form. Add support for adding recipients inline, and sending CCs and BCCs.
- CRM-4604 Floating table headers (as done in Drupal tables)
On hold - will implement if time allows
- Make the CiviCRM 'home dashboard' more useful by including component-specific summaries and listings. See mockup by Brian Shaughnessy and this forum thread at: http://forum.civicrm.org/index.php/topic,4953.msg21823.html#msg21823
- CRM-4418 - Deleting contact records requires an explicit permission assignment.
- CRM-4575 Greeting and Addressee improvements : customizable greeting for emails; customizable greeting and addressee for postal communications
- CRM-4532 Add a new custom field of type - "Select - Auto-complete" (jQuery auto-complete widget)
- CRM-4382 New custom field type of "contact reference" - allows user to select from a list of contacts.
- CRM-4599 Provide a "hook" which can be used customize the elements on the Contact Summary page (add or replace contents).
- CRM-4597 Add "Preferred communications method" to advanced search (http://forum.civicrm.org/index.php/topic,6802.msg29983.html#msg29983)
- CRM-4598 Implement jquery expandable textarea widget for Mailing TEXT Message form field.
- CRM-3892 Allow admin to disable double-opt-in on mailings list subscribes. Can be done via constant in settings file (check for other issue in jira)l.
CiviMember and CiviContribute
- CRM-4264 Hook to allow modification of membership fees.
- CRM-4440 Multiple currency support (via hook) (find issue)
- CRM-4493 Mechanism to pass and store tracking information for contributions and registrations
- CRM-4467 Mechanism to set default / hidden field values via GET params in online contribution forms, online event reg and profiles
- CRM-4531 Streamlined event configuration interface (replace wizard with tabs interface).
- CRM-4464 Event templates to simplify creating multiple similar events.
- CRM-4319 Waitlisting for events.
- CRM-4326 Administrator approval option for event participants.
- CRM-4324 Expire pending (pay-later, pending from waitlist, pending from approval, pending incomplete transaction) registrations after NN days (cron job runs a script to change status from Pending to Cancelled and sends cancellation notification email).
- CRM-4377 Option to use a different profile for additional participant registrations.
- Allow participants to cancel an event registration (email sent to organization event contact to handle manual refunds IF refunds are offered). For 3.0, cancellation is only available for waitlisted and "waiting for approval" participants - via system-generated URL.
- Event attendance / sign-in sheet (via CiviReport)