Features for v2.1
Note that v2.1 will ONLY support PHP5.2+, MySQL 5.0.x+ (later releases only), Drupal 6.x, Joomla 1.5.x
The approximate timeline for 2.1 is:
- Code freeze: July 23rd
- Alpha release: August 6th
- Beta release: August 28th
- Final release: October 1st
CMS Compatibility - Current Stable Releases
- Split queries up into multiple smaller pieces for scalability ( i.e. restrict the number of left join's to get list of id's etc)
- Optimize permissioning clauses based on work done by Rob and search restructuring. Might need to do some caching of contact id's and smart groups to avoid multiple left joins in SQL clauses
- CRM-1569 Optimize CiviContribute query
- CRM-3029 - Additional operators for Search Builder - IS NULL, IS NOT NULL
Ajax / Dojo Usability Improvements
- CRM-2622 - Provide direct access to selected contact record from Quick Search by adding "View Contact" button. This button is default ENTER key action if an exact contact match is selected from the drop-down list.
- CRM-3000 - Use Ajax to prevent reloads of New Activity, New Contribution, New ()Membership, New Event Registration, New Relationship forms to load in custom fieldsets.
- CRM-2669- Provide keyboard shortcuts ("access keys") for common tasks like New Contact, and Save.
- When "Use Household Address" is selected for a contact with an existing relationship to a household - the related household should be selected in the dojo comboBox by default.
- CRM-3002, CRM-3047 - Allow site admin to choose a Rich Text (WYSIWYG) Editor to be used for CiviMail compose mailing AND other fields which accept HTML input (e.g. Event Description). TinyMCE and FCKEditor support will be included for 2.1.
- CRM-2789 Current Employer in Add/Edit Individual should work like "Use Household Address" - e.g. you can use a comboBox to find existing an organization, or create new organization as needed.
Export and Action/Task Improvements
- CRM-2781 - Implement mappable exports for CiviContribute, CiviMember and CiviEvent component searches. Also, streamline "load saved mapping" work-flow by allowing user to choose a mapping from step 2 of the export wizard.
- Add missing core "actions" to each component search (Find Participants, Find Contributions, Find Members) to make them consistent with each other as appropriate - and provide relevant actions that are provided by Basic and Advanced Contact Search (e.g. Add Contacts to Group, Mailing Labels, New Smart Group, Tag, etc.)
- CRM-1594 - Allow php code for custom fields
Dedupe Optimization / Scalability
- Expose archives of mailings by mailing list (so it can be exposed to end-users)
- CRM-2574 - VERP email addresses are often too long (> 64 characters) violating RFC and thus being rejected
- CRM-3049 - Ability to Save a Mailing Draft and finish it / send it later.
- CRM-3243 CRM-3244 CRM-3270 CRM-3295 - Component to handle offline and self-service pledges. (requirements summary)
CiviEvent / CiviMember / CiviContribute
- CRM-2759 Option to submit live credit card transaction for offline Membership signup/renewal and offline Event registration (as we do for offline contributions).
- For offline Membership signup and Event registration:
- CRM-2877 - Provide a way to administratively configure the Participant Statuses which are considered "registered". (Analogous to the is_current flag on membership status.). Modify code which displays # or registered participants, and code which evaluates whether an event is "full" to use this flag in count queries.
- CRM-3086 - Allow one person to register multiple participants. All profile fields configured for the event are used to collect contact and participant info for the person registering and each additional participant.
- CRM-3088 - Discounted fee levels by registration date (early-bird pricing). Supports one or multiple discount date ranges.
- CRM-2758 - Allow custom templates for Event at the event_id level, and Online Contribution pages at the contribution page id level (as we do with profile)
- Allow admin to add custom message to offline contribution receipt email (as we now do w/ membership and event).
- CRM-2984 - Find Member and Find Participant 'standard export' should provide basic information needed to calculate income from memberships and events. This means including following field values from the linked contribution record: Total Amount, Contribution Status, Received Date, Payment Instrument, Transaction ID.
- CRM-2964 - Allow individuals to signup for membership and/or make contributions "on behalf of" an organization. This will involve creating a permissioned relationship between the individual and the organization contact records which allows the "logged in individual" to renew a membership, view a dashboard for their related organization(s), and conditionally access a profile to update organization information.
Miscellaneous Improvements and Fixes
- CRM-2968 - Improved access to Current Employer value for contacts (this is defined as an Individual contact's newest active Employer relationship):
- Include Current Employer (organization name) in default contact export set (PRIMARY fields).
- Current Employer is available when "selecting fields" for export.
- Current Employer is displayed (when populated) on Contact Summary screen (contact/view) in front of Job Title display.
- Current Employer token is available to be included in Mailing Labels
- CRM-2222 - Fix Profile Listings so that Current Employer can be displayed in search results.
- If individual contact has an active household relationship (member of, head of) - display Household Name on Contact Summary screen.
- Take componentization to the next level (auto-registration of components, remove remaining component artifacts from core...?? )
- CRM-2780 - Store default mail "factory" (smtp) in config and allow admin to change to using sendmail instead.
- CRM-2589 - Searchable custom fields within a given range doesn't work (tested w/ Memberships - using member search)
- Nestable groups (see http://wiki.civicrm.org/confluence/display/CRM/Proposed+nestable+groups+implementation)
- CRM-3030 - Batch update via profile for Find Members (as we currently have for Participants and Contributions)