Planned Features for v2.0
Note that v2.0 will ONLY support PHP5.2+, MySQL 5.0.x+ (later releases only), Drupal 5.x, Joomla 1.0.13
Note that we have pushed back the v2.0 final release date due to the volume of issues being filed by the community. This will make for a much higher quality final release. A big thanx to the community for stepping up so nicely
These features are either in the work queue or under consideration for the CiviCRM 2.0 release. Our rough timeline for 2.0 is:
- Code freeze: 01/07/2008
- Alpha release: 01/24/2008
- Beta release: 02/11/2008
- Final release: 03/12/2008
- Custom field redesign
- Contact changes
- Location (address, phone and email) changes
- Activity Data
- Entity Table / Entity ID Changes
- Implement ON Delete behaviors for foreign key relationships
Improved Component Architecture
Streamlining data entry - Ajax / Dojo
- Upgrade dojo to 0.9 or 1.0
- Extend Auto-complete drop-down 'search' on contact name to streamline work-flow for the following tasks:
- New Activity
- New Relationship
- CRM-2360 Customized search forms / queries
- CRM-2102 - Improved interface for re-ordering elements such as fields in a profile or custom data group.
- CRM-2001 Move de-dupe to more places in code base
- Standalone (CMS agnostic) user framework
- OpenID login system
- Content integration for public pages (contribution pages, event registration pages, etc.)
CiviMember and CiviContribute
- Tell A Friend (CRM-2153) - Configurable page at end of contribution (and event registration?) sequence allowing donor to email a message with link to contribution page to one or more of their friends.
- CRM-2219 - Import UPDATE for Contributions and Memberships (currently available for Participant/Event only)
- CRM-2239 One-step offline Membership signup and renewal (with option to create contribution record automatically and send receipt/confirmation)
- CRM-2304 Allow donor to select either "In Memory of" or "In Honor of" when specifying honoree.
- CRM=2167 Contribution Widgets - embeddable flash widgets for viral promotion of online contribution pages.
- CRM-2395 Pay-by-check / pay-later option for Contributions / Memberships (using "Pending" status)
- CRM-2424 Option to list participants for an event via static URL. Configurable to list Name only, or Name + Email.
- CRM-2426 Duplicate registration detection (check against email, if duplicate give status and abort).
- CRM-2421 One-step offline Event Registration (option to create associated contribution record and send receipt/confirmation (similar to CRM-2239 for Memberships).
- CRM-2395 Pay-by-check / pay-later option for Events (using "Pending" status)
- CRM-2422 Streamlined event registration for free events (skip confirmation step)
- CRM-2430 Access control for Events
- CRM-2418 Include iCal download link to "Add this event to your Outlook/iCal/Google Calendar" on event pages and email confirmation.
- CRM-2419 End Date is no longer required for events.