Configuring Online Contribution Page(s) for Membership Signup / Renewal
If you want to offer online membership signups and renewals, you can configure one or more CiviContribute Online Contribution pages for this purpose. If you are processing membership fees online - you will need an account with a supported payment processor. Check the Payment Processors documentation for more information. If you are using a supported processor, you may also want to offer the auto-renewal option. In this case, you will need to first configure your Membership Types to allow auto-renewal.
You can edit an EXISTING contribution page by choosing CiviCRM » Administer menu » CiviContribute >> Manage Contribution Pages. Then click on Configure next to the exiting contribution page.
To create a new contribution page, choose CiviCRM » Administer menu » CiviContribute >> Manage Contribution Pages >> and click on New Contribution Page.
Follow the procedures in CiviContribute Admin - then enable the Membership Section from the Membership Settings step and complete this configuration as follows...
You can use a single online Contribution Page to solicit both membership signup AND contributions. OR you can create separate pages for this purpose. When a page includes membership signup and a contribution section - you can also control whether payment is handled as a single transaction or as separate transactions (one for the membership fee, and one for the contribution).
Membership Settings (Contribution Pages)
Use this form to configure the membership signup and renewal block for a particular Online Contribution page.
- Click on Configure » Membership Settings for the selected Contribution page.
- Check the Membership Section Enabled box.
- Enter a membership section Title and Introductory Message for prospective members. These are displayed to unauthenticated visitors AND to logged in users who do not currently have a recorded CiviMember membership.
- Enter a membership section Title and Introductory Message for renewing members. These are displayed to logged in users who have a recorded CiviMember membership.
- You may select a Membership Price Set for pricing on this page.
Use a price set to offer multiple membership options, such as a national membership and a local membership. See Membership Price Sets for instructions.
- If you're not using a price set, select the Membership Type(s) you want to offer on this page. Any enabled, public visibility membership type can be included in the list of membership options for the page. Of course you can choose to display some membership types on one page, and others on a different page if needed.
- Select a Default membership option, if desired. This option will be checked when the signup page is initially displayed to a user.
- Check Require Membership Signup if this page is exclusively used for membership signup and renewal.
- Check Separate Membership Payment if you want membership fees to be processed as separate transactions? If this option is checked AND the contribution page includes a separate contribution amount block - two transactions will be generated: one for the membership fee amount; and one for the selected contribution amount.
- Check Display Membership Fee if you want CiviMember to automatically display the membership fee along with the membership name and description for each membership option.
- Click Save and you will be returned to the main Configure Contribution Page.
- Then click Test Drive to make sure the membership section displays and processes memberships as desired. You can use Memberships menu » Find Members to find, view, and verify the values in new test membership records.
If you want this contribution page to be used for membership signup and renewals ONLY...
- Click on Configure » Contribution Amounts for the selected Contribution page.
- Uncheck the Contribution Amounts Section Enabled box and click Save.
The Contribution Amount block will now be removed from this Contribution Page.
For more info on configuring, testing, and linking to your Online Contribution pages - refer to CiviContribute Admin.